Saturday, October 6, 2012

BOO

It's finally OCTOBER, finally Fall!! Probably my favorite season. I love the colors, the smells, the holidays and of course, all the crafting inspiration! And I can't get enough of all the HALLOWEEN decor! My hubbs and I went to T.J. Maxx this year and stocked up on decorations and we were able to decorate our house a little earlier than previous years, so we'll be able to enjoy these SPOOKY decorations all month long. 


Have you ever seen something in the store and the price seems a little high and you say to yourself, "I can do that!" AND for much cheaper!? Well, I say that to myself ALL-THE-TIME. And since Halloween is approaching us I have been been crafting like crazzyy. 


My first, "I can do that!" moment was a couple months ago. I was at a gift shop and saw some AMAZING black, glittery letters and they were priced at $20 each and literally, all they were, were some sort of lightweight letter that were black and covered in glitter. Easy right? YES! So I went to my local Jo-Anns and found these amazing paper mache letters (the same one I used for my 'H' project). They were on sale so they only cost $3.99 each. I bought three of them B-O-O (see where I am going with this?). 





I spray painted these boring letters with black flat paint, front and back. When I was done spray painting the front side of each letter I added black glitter while the paint was still wet. The spray paint was $3.98 for 12oz at Lowe's and the glitter was $2.00 for 2oz at Craft Warehouse. I'm sure you can find glitter for cheaper at Walmart, but I hate going there so I just bought it while I was at Craft Warehouse. I used 3/4 of the bottle of glitter.





It only cost me $17.95 for this whole project v.s. buying all three letters at the gift shop totalling $60.00. 

And now they have a BOO-tastic home on our SPOOKY mantel. 



with.love
ashley

1 comment:

  1. Um, what?!? You started your blog!! I love it. Just read it all :) cannot wait to keep reading as you post more.

    ReplyDelete