Thursday, October 18, 2012

SkeLeToNs

So somewhere in pinterest land my SIL found this super easy DIY. We can't find the pin but we remembered the gist of it. The original idea was inspired by the skeleton heads from Pottery Barn, which seem to be no longer available, but can be seen in this pic here.

Supplies:
  • Skeleton heads
  • Brown paint
  • Spanish moss
  • Glass jar/hurricane pillar/candle holder

We found our skeleton heads at Walmart, $3.98 for 17 heads. The original pinner found hers from the Dollar Tree, our Dollar Tree did not have them. We also bought the paint at Walmart for under $1.00, it's just the small craft paint. The Spanish moss was also purchased there and I can't remember how much it was but fairly inexpensive. My SIL and I shared a bag and have plenty left over. For the hurricane pillar, my SIL purchased hers for $1.00 at the Dollar Tree. I used a candle holder from Party Lite.

All we did was put our skeleton heads in a ziplock baggie and added the paint and some water. Then we shook it like you shake the Shake-and-Bake chicken and then took the heads out at set them on paper towels to dry. The paint just gives them a more antique appearance but isn't necessary if you like the way the heads already look. Once the heads were dry I just added them to the hurricane pillar/candle holder while adding Spanish moss here and there and adjusting the heads as I filled up the glass container.






Super easy and super cheap!



with.love 
ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment